Terms and Conditions
7 February 2020
Terms and Conditions for participants registering for the College of Europe Natolin Campus Executive Education programmes, implemented in the framework of the European and Transnational Governance Network in 2020
§1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- The present regulations (henceforth: Terms and Conditions) specify the rules for participants of the College of Europe Natolin Campus (henceforth CoEN), seated in 02-797 Warsaw, ul. Nowoursynowska 84, Executive Education programmes, implemented in the framework of the European and Transnational Governance Network (henceforth ETGN).
- For the purposes of the Terms and Conditions, the following definitions shall be determined:
- Form – a form on the internet portal/platform used to gather only the necessary data to register and take part in the implemented trainings and the ETGN project.
- Participant or Beneficiary – any natural person attending the trainings.
- Platform – an internet website designed by the CoEN to inform about the implemented trainings, available at: https://etgn.coleuropenatolin.eu.
- Terms and Conditions – the present Terms and Conditions
- Training service/Training – refers to all activities related to preparing and conducting the Training in the framework of the ETGN, including, inter alia, registration of Participants, correspondence, preparation of training materials, conveying course contents to the Participants and other elements specified in the description of the respective Training placed on the Platform.
§2. TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Information on the Platform constitutes an invitation to registering for trainings.
- By sending the application Form, the Participant agrees to all terms and conditions presented in this document. The Participant submits a statement that she or he has read the Terms and Conditions and accepts the provisions contained therein by marking accordingly the visible fields during the registration process on the Platform.
- Registration is only possible via the Platform at: https://etgn.coleuropenatolin.eu. Applications are accepted no later than 30 days before the start of the Training.
- For the purpose of selecting the appropriate Training or Trainings, throughout the Platform, the Participant should choose the Training that she or he is willing to participate in, and then complete and submit the registration Form.
- The CoEN confirms the acceptance of the application by sending an e-mail to the Participant. The CoEN may refuse, without further justification, to accept the application or may require prepayment, in a case where the application in particular raises reasonable doubts about the veracity and accuracy of the data sent.
- In case of funding of one or more Participant(s) in the Training(s) by an institution, the financing party should contact the College of Europe Natolin Campus by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org in order to notify the CoEN of this intention, indicating names of Participants covered by the Institution.
- By sending the application Form, the Participant agrees to all terms and conditions presented in this document and on the Platform, including description(s) of the selected training(s).
§3. THE COSTS OF PARTICIPATION
- After sending the application Form, any payments shall be made by the Participant or financing institution by a bank transfer to the bank account indicated in the confirmation email and confirmation shall be sent within 14 days after registration, no later than the expiry of the deadline for registration for the particular Training.
- If applicable and upon request of the Participant or the financing institution, the CoEN may issue an invoice.
- The fee covers the following costs:
- training materials as deemed necessary by the trainers,
- access to the College of Europe Natolin Campus Library,
- refreshments during the training (tea, coffee, water),
- 3 meals for each full day of the training, 
- accommodation one night before the first day of the training whenever necessary, during the training and one night following the last day of the training whenever necessary. 
No additional taxes will be added.
- A 10% discount is available for executive education programmes offered by the CoEN for:
- ”early bird”registration (registration and payment of the fee no later than 2 months before the start of the training);
- undergraduate and Ph.D. students with documented status;
- civil servants (currently employed in public institutions in EU Member States or in non-EU countries, in EU institutions and in international organisations) with documented status.
- Travel arrangements shall be arranged and covered by the participants.
§4. RESIGNATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN TRAININGS
- Resignation from participation in the Trainings should be reported to the CoEN via e-mail at email@example.com or via the registration system, no later than 30 days before the beginning of the training.
- In the event of resignation from the Training 60 or more days prior to its launch, the CoEN will refund the total fee paid by the Participant or the financing institution.
- In the event of resignation from the Training 30 – 60 days prior to its launch the CoEN will refund the fee paid by the Participant or the financing institution as appropriate, deducting an administrative fee of 10%.
- In the event of resignation from the Training less than 30 days from the planned Training or in case of a no-show of the Participant, the fee will not be refunded.
- In case of resignation from a Training, the Participant or the financing institution may request that the fee is credited towards participation in a different training organized by the CoEN within the framework of the ETGN. If the fee for the newly selected training is higher than the one from which the Participant resigned, the Participant or the financing institution, as appropriate, shall cover the difference. Such change has to be notified to the CoEN by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 days before the Training from which a Participant is resigning and is subject to availability of places in the newly chosen Training. The change can only concern a training offered by CoEN in the ETGN in the same calendar year.
- In case of resignation from the Training, the Participant or the financing institution, as appropriate, may indicate a substitute to take part in the selected training in the place of the originally registered Participant. Such change has to be notified to the CoEN by e-mail at: email@example.com no later than 30 days before the training.
- The refund of the paid amount referred to in points 2 and 3 above takes place within 21 working days following receipt of information about the resignation.
- The CoEN shall refund the payment using the same payment method and bank account used by the Participant or the financing institution, unless the Participant or the financing institution, as appropriate, has expressly agreed on another refund method, which does not entail any additional costs for the CoEN.
Complaints concerning the trainings should be submitted to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by a registered letter to the CoEN address: Nowoursynowska 84, 02-797 Warsaw, Poland (Att.: Executive Education Office), no later than 7 days after the end of the training concerned.
§6. FINAL PROVISIONS
- These Terms and Conditions shall enter into force on the day of publication on the Platform and be applicable to any arrangements between the CoEN and the Participant made since that day.
- For any arrangements made prior to a change of Terms and Conditions, the version of Terms and Conditions operating on the date of sending a Form by the Participant shall be used.
- The CoEN notifies and reserves the right to change the time, structure and modalities of organized Trainings should this serve a better attainment of the goals of the Training or due to unforeseen circumstances, for which it is not responsible (e.g. sickness of a lecturer, traffic accidents, malfunctions, fortuitous events, technical and organizational problems which are independent of the CoEN). In such cases, the CoEN will take all necessary steps to secure same high quality of the Training.
- The CoEN notifies and reserves the right to cancel a Training if necessary due to unforeseen circumstances, for which it is not responsible (e.g. sickness of a lecturer, traffic accidents, malfunctions, fortuitous events, technical and organizational problems which are independent of the CoEN) and which cannot be rectified or due to a low number of applications for the Training concerned. In such cases, the CoEN will refund the participants or the financing institutions the full fee paid. The refund will take place within 21 working days following the cancellation of a Training. Provisions of § 4. 8 apply.
- All materials presented and made available to the Participants are protected by copyrights and constitute the intellectual property of their authors. These materials may not be disseminated, made available, or reproduced without the CoEN’s written consent.
- The Participants of the trainings are obliged to comply with the ban on recording the courses by means of any audio-visual devices without the author’s and CoEN’s explicit consent.
- The CoEN shall not be liable for any damage caused by the Participants as a result of improper use of skills and knowledge acquired during the Training.
- The CoEN shall not be liable for any damage suffered by the Participants (either personal or material) relating to their participation in the Training and/or their stay at a hotel/place of accommodation during the Training and/or their transportation to/from the Training.
- The CoEN shall do its utmost to ensure that the services provided as part of the Platform are at the highest level. However, the CoEN does not exclude the possibility of temporary suspension of the availability of the Platform, in case of necessity to perform maintenance, overhaul, replacement of equipment or by need of modernization or development of the Platform.
- Any disputes arising between the Participant or financing institution and the CoEN shall be settled in an amicable manner. In case of a continued dispute, the parties’case may be presented to the court competent for the CoEN seat.
- Matters not dealt with by the present Terms and Conditions are governed by the regulations of the Polish law.
 For trainings starting after lunch break lunch will be provided on the first day of training. For trainings ending before the lunch break lunch will be provided on the last day of training.
 For trainings starting after lunch break accommodation will be provided for the first night of the training. For trainings ending before the lunch break accommodation will be provided for the last night of the training.