Terms and Conditions for participants registering for the College of Europe Natolin Campus Executive Education Trainings, implemented in the framework of the European and Transnational Governance Network.
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
The present regulations (henceforth: Terms and Conditions) specify the rules for participants of the Executive Education programmes of the College of Europe in Natolin (henceforth CoEN), seated at 02-797 Warsaw, ul. Nowoursynowska 84, implemented in the framework of the European and Transnational Governance Network (henceforth ETGN).
For the purposes of the Terms and Conditions, the following definitions shall be determined:
- CoEN – College of Europe in Natolin,
- Discount coupon – gives access to a reduction in course price in the case of fulfilling required criterion(-a) by a participant and is offered in virtual format,
- ETGN – European Transnational Governance Network,
- Executive Training –training offered by the CoEN within the ETGN network,
- Executive Certificate in European and Transnational Governance – a certificate awarded by the ETGN partners in line with a set of conditions,
- Joint Certificate application form – an online application, available on the websites of the ETGN institutes, which needs to be filled and signed by participants wishing to obtain the Executive Certificate in European and Transnational Governance,
- Form – a form on the internet portal/platform used to gather only the necessary data to register and take part in the implemented trainings and the ETGN project,
- Opening of training – moment when the self-study components are made available to registered participants for the particular course, in advance of the live sessions,
- Organiser of the Training– the College of Europe in Natolin,
- Participant– any natural person attending the training,
- Platform – an internet website designed by the CoEN to inform about the offered courses,
- Prepayment – advance payment for the course required in a case where the application, in particular, raises reasonable doubts about the veracity and accuracy of the data sent,
- Terms and Conditions – the present Terms and Conditions,
- Training– refers to all activities related to preparing and delivery of a course in the framework of the ETGN, including, inter alia, registration of participants, correspondence, preparation of training materials, conveying course contents to the Participants, satisfaction surveys carried out online, and other elements specified in the description of the respective training placed on the platform.
3. TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Information on the platform constitutes an invitation to registering for trainings.
- By filling in on the platform and sending the application form, the participant agrees to all terms and conditions presented in this document. By filling in and sending the application form the participant submits a statement that she or he has read the Terms and Conditions and accepts the provisions contained therein by marking accordingly the visible fields during the registration process on the platform.
- Registration is only possible via the platform at: https://etgn.coleuropenatolin.eu.
- For the purpose of selecting the appropriate training or trainings, throughout the platform, the participant should choose the training that she or he is wishing to participate in, and then complete and submit the registration form.
- The CoEN confirms the acceptance of the application by sending a confirmation of acceptance via an e-mail to the participant concerned.
- In case of funding of one or more participant(s) in the training(s) by an institution, the financing party should contact the College of Europe in Natolin by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org in order to notify the CoEN of this intention, indicating names of participants covered by the Institution and titles of courses the participants will attend.
- By sending the application form, the participant agrees to all terms and conditions presented in this document and on the platform, including description(s) of the selected training(s).
- Participants wishing to receive the Executive Certificate in European and Transnational Governance need to complete 3 executive trainings across 3 different ETGN partner institutions within a maximum period of 2 consecutive years.
- Applicants need to fill in and sign the ETGN Certificate Application Form, indicating their intended study plan and motivation. They should then send the form to the institute organising the first training course on their study plan. The form should be submitted by email and/or via the registration platform of the relevant ETGN institute.
- The courses eligible for the Executive Certificate in European and Transnational Governance may be found on the websites of respective ETGN institutions.
4. THE COSTS OF PARTICIPATION
- After sending the application form, any payments shall be made by the participant or financing institution by a bank transfer to the bank account indicated on the registration page and in the confirmation email. Confirmation of a bank transfer shall be sent to: email@example.com no later than two working days following registration for a particular Training.
- If applicable and upon request of the participant or the financing institution, the CoEN may issue an invoice.
- The fee covers the following costs:
b) training materials as deemed necessary by the trainers,
c) access to the College of Europe Natolin Campus Library for courses delivered onsite,
d) refreshments during the training coffee breaks (tea, coffee, water), for courses delivered onsite,
e) 3 meals for each full day of the training, for courses delivered onsite,
f) accommodation one night before the first day of the training whenever necessary, during the training and one night following the last day of the training whenever necessary, for courses delivered onsite .
- No additional taxes will be added.
- A discount scheme is available for executive education programmes offered by the CoEN in the framework of the ETGN Project:
a) 50% for participants applying for the Executive Certificate in European and Transnational Governance (see item 5 below),
b) 20% for civil servants (currently employed in public institutions in the EU Member States or non-EU countries, in EU institutions and international institutions and organisations, with documented status (a document confirming the employment status or a link to the relevant employer’s website where the name of the participant shall be displayed),
c) 15% for ”early bird” registration (registration and payment of the fee no later than 2 weeks before the opening of training);
d) 15% for participants who have already taken an executive education training offered by the College of Europe (within the ETGN or other platforms)
e) 15 % for alumni of the College of Europe;
f) 10% for undergraduate and PhD students with documented status (a certificate from the affiliating academic Institution, a copy of the enrolment document or a link to the relevant academic Institution’s website where the name of the Participant shall be displayed, is applicable),
g) 10% off total costs for participants registering in more than one ETGN course from the CoEN offer,
h) 10% for group registrations of 5 or more participants.
6. A discount coupon shall be released following the verification by the organiser of the training of eligibility except for “early bird”, which will be granted automatically upon registration.
7. Discounts cannot be combined.
 For trainings starting after lunch break lunch will be provided on the first full day of training. For trainings ending before the lunch break lunch will be provided on the last full day of training.
 For trainings starting after lunch break accommodation will be provided for the first night of the training. For trainings ending before the lunch break accommodation will be provided for the last night of the training.
5. APPLICATION FOR THE EXECUTIVE CERTIFICATE IN EUROPEAN AND TRANSNATIONAL GOVERNANCE:
- Participants wishing to apply for the Executive Certificate in European and Transnational Governance should fill out the ETGN Certificate Application Form respecting the following criteria:
a) the application should be filed for at least three courses,
b) the above three courses should be delivered by three different institutes of the ETGN
c) all three courses should be taken with 2 years.
- The signed ETGN Certificate Application Form, accompanied by a study plan and motivation should then sent to the institute organising the first training course on their study plan. The form should be submitted by email and/or via the registration platform of the relevant ETGN institute.
- The ETGN Certificate Application Form with an indication of titles of three executive trainings presented by applicants is reviewed by the ETGN partner institutions and assessed on the basis of its feasibility, coherence, and duration (number of contact learning hours).
- Once the study plan is approved by the ETGN institutions, the participant is expected to go through the registration process on the website of the respective ETGN Institute for each course of the approved study plan.
6. RESIGNATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN TRAININGS
- Resignation from participation in the training(s) should be notified to the CoEN via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resignation from participation in the training(s) is only possible before opening of the particular course.
- In the event of resignation from the training 10 or more working days prior to its opening, the CoEN will refund the total fee paid by the Participant or the financing institution.
- In the event of resignation from the Training 9 – 6 working days prior to its launch the CoEN will refund the fee paid by the Participant or the financing institution as appropriate, deducting an administrative fee of 10%.
- In the event of resignation from the Training 5 working days from the opening or less or in case of a no-show of the participant, the fee will not be refunded.
- In case of resignation from a training, the participant or the financing institution may request that the fee is credited towards participation in a different executive education training organised by the CoEN within the framework of the ETGN or outside the ETGN. If the fee for the newly selected training is higher than the one from which the participant resigned, the Participant or the financing institution, as appropriate, shall cover the difference before the commencement of the training, via a bank transfer. Such change has to be notified to the CoEN by e-mail at: email@example.com no later than working 5 days before the training from which a participant is resigning. The change can only concern a Training offered by CoEN in the same calendar year.
- In case of resignation from the training, the participant or the financing institution, as appropriate, may indicate a substitute to take part in the selected training in the place of the originally registered participant. Such change has to be notified to the CoEN by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 working days before the start of the training.
- The refund of the paid amount referred to in points 3 and 4 above takes place within 21 working days following receipt of information about the resignation.
- The CoEN shall refund the payment using the same payment method and bank account used by the participant or the financing institution, unless the participant or the financing institution, as appropriate, has expressly agreed on another refund method, which does not entail any additional costs for the CoEN.
Complaints concerning the trainings should be submitted to the e-mail address: email@example.com or sent by a registered letter to the CoEN at: Nowoursynowska 84, 02-797 Warsaw, Poland (Att.: Executive Education Office), no later than 7 days after the end of the Training concerned.
8. FINAL PROVISIONS
- These Terms and Conditions shall enter into force on the day of publication on the Platform and be applicable to any arrangements between the CoEN and the Participant made since that day.
- For any arrangements made prior to a change of Terms and Conditions, the version of Terms and Conditions operating on the date of sending a form by the Participant shall prevail.
- The CoEN notifies and reserves the right to change the time, structure and modalities of organised trainings should this serve better attainment of the goals of the training or due to unforeseen circumstances, for which it is not responsible (e.g. sickness of a lecturer, change in the sanitary situation and introduction of sanitary restrictions, traffic accidents, malfunctions, fortuitous events, technical and organisational problems which are independent of the CoEN). In such cases, the CoEN will take all necessary steps to secure the same high quality of training.
- The CoEN notifies and reserves the right to cancel a training or its part if necessary due to unforeseen circumstances, for which it is not responsible (e.g. sickness of a lecturer, change in the sanitary situation and introduction of sanitary restrictions, malfunctions, fortuitous events, technical and/or organisational problems which are independent of the CoEN) and which cannot be rectified or due to a low number of applications for the training concerned. In such cases, the CoEN will refund the participants or the financing institutions the full fee paid. The refund will take place within 21 working days following the cancellation of a Training. Provisions of point 5. 9 apply.
- All materials presented and made available to the participants are protected by copyrights and constitute the intellectual property of the CoEN. These materials may not be disseminated, made available, or reproduced without the CoEN’s written consent.
- The participants of the trainings are obliged to comply with the ban on recording the courses by means of any audio-visual devices, digital or analogue, without the author’s and CoEN’s explicit consent.
- By participating in live online sessions participant acknowledges that her/his image, voice, questions and comments may be recorded and re-broadcasted.
- The CoEN shall not be liable for any damage caused by the participants as a result of improper use of skills and knowledge acquired during the training.
- The CoEN shall do its utmost to ensure that the services provided as part of the platform are at the highest level. However, the CoEN does not exclude the possibility of temporary suspension of the availability of the platform, in case of necessity to perform maintenance, overhaul, replacement of equipment or by the need for modernisation or development of the platform.
- Any disputes arising between the participant or financing institution and the CoEN shall be settled in an amicable manner. In case of a continued dispute, the parties‘ case may be presented to the court competent for the CoEN seat.
- Matters not dealt with by the present Terms and Conditions are governed by the regulations of Polish law.